This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2010. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
Key concepts of the service lifecycle.
Communication and stakeholder management.
Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle.
Managing services across the service lifecycle.
Governance and organization.
Implementing and improving service management capability.
• Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
• Domain 2: Business continuity Control Best Practice
• Domain 3: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
• Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
• Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring, and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
• Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
• Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
For more information about ISO 22301 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 22301 Lead Project Manager Certification
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27031 or BS 25999 and business continuity concepts is recommended